Post-College 2016: Prologue

6:21 PM

Hello! Welcome to my new travel blog, but only because I screwed myself with two-factor authentication on my regular blog and locked myself out of my account since the phone number I used to set up 2fac with is no longer active, lol. Good lesson to keep your security stuff up to date...

Anyway! It took me a long time to find a blogspot url that wasn't already taken. But I guess now, the name of this blog will be BEARPORTING -- the art of porting a bear (ie. me) to many places around the world. At the time of writing, I am sitting in YVR airport in Vancouver after 3 weeks of travel in Europe. I am exhausted and my brain is probably half asleep since it is 2am in Europe right now, but no time like the present to get over jet lag by forcing oneself to write stuff down for strangers on the internet to read!

Bearporting!!

I guess as a quick intro post that will probably act as an index for my post-graduation trip, I will link the other posts I make from this one after I make them (if I ever actually do end up getting around to making them).

I graduated from college on May 26th, and have basically been homeless since then, hopping between cities without staying in any one place for more than 4 days. Luckily, I had ample funds saved up from my summer internships that I could use to sustain my lifestyle by paying for hostels and Airbnbs that averaged about $30 a night! With a budget of $50 a day on top of accommodation for food and entertainment, I was able to have a great time in Europe ^_^

The reason I decided to go to Europe post-graduation is that I figured since I'm moving from Massachusetts to California, never again would flights be so short and cheap to Europe. Plus, I couldn't foresee having such a big chunk of free time again after I start working full time, so I poked my boyfriend until he agreed to travel with me (and then later one of his roommates decided to come along too :D), so that I wouldn't have to pay for everything by myself (which would actually have been significantly more expensive). And also traveling with good company is fun ^_^

Also before I left for Europe, I took a family trip with my parents to Toronto, since they came all the way to Boston for my graduation. Then we split up -- I went to New York, and my parents to Florida to do some more vacationing. I guess adventuring about runs in the family, haha.

The itinerary ended up looking like this:

5/29-6/2 Toronto
6/2-6/3 New York
6/3-6/6 Copenhagen
6/6-6/10 Berlin
6/10-6/14 Prague
6/14-6/18 London
6/18-6/20 Barcelona
6/20-6/23 Madrid
6/23-6/26 Vancouver
6/26-6/29 Seattle
6/29-7/2 Portland
7/2 San Francisco

Maybe if I feel up to it eventually I'll even backlog a few of my old travels :3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images